Sunday 28 August 2011

Tamiya 1/24 Honda S2000

This kit I've had for a long time, my junior style Mr.Hobby airbrush broke cause I didn't take care of it. So I let this sit for about a year. Now that I have a newer, better airbrush, let the project commence.



Box Art, there is a S2000 w/Hardtop model, but i opted for this model b/c it looked better imo
 Painted the wheels with Flat Aluminum (XF-16) to replicate the box art. Might put on a coat of gloss clear to make it shine a little
Gonna put Mica Red (TS-39) over top Armory Grey Primer



The interior was sprayed with my old airbrush, so most of the parts are oversprayed w/ paint buildup due to uncontrollable paint flow (it was a one speed sprayout). Highlighted some buttons and the shiftknob with Flat Aluminum


 Problems I had was I originally sprayed it with Tamiya Fine Primer 1000, I didn't shake the can well enough so some spots bubbled up, having a hard time trying to sand it all down



Mica Red over grey primer makes a pretty aggressive paintjob

Problems arising at the bottom of the bumper, paint began to build up and bubble

 Need to sand out the bottom and give it a second coat of paint, hopefully it goes smoothly

No comments:

Post a Comment