Sunday 28 August 2011

Tamiya 1/24 Nissan Skyline 2000RS Hardtop 1981

 Got this kit as a door prize from a sale at the hobby shop. Pretty nice looking kit, I've always had an eye on classics. I decided to follow the paintjob as seen on the box cover. It's hard to find any info on this car, since most of the links end up on the R31 rather than this model. Nonetheless, the work in progress..

Box Art

 Started by sanding down the mold lines, traced out the panel lines to give a sharper look then primered it with Armory Grey Primer

Two projects at once, yeeee
for the interior, I went with Tamiya's Desert Yellow (XF-59), left the instrument panel, shifter, e-brake & wheel in stock black. strange thing is the kit never came with pedals... I guess this is an older kit.


Since the interior was so simple, it only took an hour and a half to complete it. The dash never came with decals so it stays black for now

The rims looked nice in stock, so I left them untouched
 I painted the underbody with Dark Grey (XF-24), the crankshaft, gas tank and parks of the suspension with Flat Aluminum (XF-16). At some point while airbrushing the aluminum sprayed all over the body so I went over it with what I though was Dark Grey. I must've picked up German Grey or something by accident... by eye it's not as visible, but the pictures really do show the difference.
maybe its the lighting..
Hopefully by tomorrow I will have started to put on the first coat of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment